To compete for the Award João Valiante of Journalism – 2012, the applicant should forward to ABAL the registration form completely filled and meeting the following requirements
PRINTED MEDIA AND WEBJOURNALISM
Newspapers and Magazines-The registration form should be accompanied of an original copy of the pages where the article was published and where the name and date of issue is clearly visible together with a .pdf file of such article.
Portals and Journalistic Sites -The registration form should be accompanied of a copy of the article, printed directly from the Web page where it can be accessed with visible indication of the name of the portal and date of publication. Also the URL (address) must be included for the location of the respective page in the portal or site data base.
Radio - The registration form should be accompanied of a tape of the News broadcasted by the radio company, presented in a CD-ROM, in a format that allows its performance in sound equipment and in micro-computers. The recording should also include the announcement of the show where the news was presented.
Television - The registration form should be accompanied of the recording of the News presented on the television available on a DVD or CD-ROM (in a format that can be performed in any micro-computer). The recording should also include the announcement of the show where the news was presented.
Note:There is no restriction in the number of pages (Printed Media & Webjournalism) or time (Electronic Media).The evaluation about the property of the registered article is a decision of the Panel.
- Only registration made by the author himself and/or by the News editor will be accepted;
- When there is more than one author, the registration of only one of them suffices because the award goes to the article;
- Each applicant can register more than one article;
- Articles originally presented in vehicles in other countries are not accepted;
- Parts of the article where it is impossible to confirm name and date of publication are not accepted;
- Articles presented on radio or television where it is not possible to confirm the name of the author and the date of broadcast are not accepted;
- Articles without signature or that deploy a pseudonym should have their authorship confirmed by a letter of the newsroom or from the person entitled to, together with written copy of the article.
The 7th edition of the Award João Valiante of Journalism also accepts registrations of articles made by students of journalism according to the criteria mentioned above. In this case the registration form must be accompanied of a letter with the letterhead of the School to confirm its link with the student, properly signed by the journalism course coordinator